NOA - North Pole Expedition
From 06.02.2006 - Status: postponed
The NOA-North Pole Expedition is the first step of his greater dream of Georges Baumann: to cross the Arctic and Antarctic by foot while linking the two Poles on board a sailing boat.
Itinerary and planning:
- February 1, 2006 : Georges leaves Switzerland (Geneva or Zurich) for Sredny (Siberia) via Moscow and Khatanga (Siberia).
From Sredny he will take a helicopter to reach his starting point, which is Articheski Cape in Siberia.
- Between February 6 and 15 (latest) : Departure from Cape Articheski to cross the North Pole and reach Ward Hunt (Canada).
- Duration of the expedition: between 90 and 100 days.
- Reaching the North Pole beginning of April 2006.
- Arrival in Ward Hunt (Canada): end of May 2006.