Meeting with Santa Claus
Published on 28.12.2011 - North South Solo Expedition -Leg 2
Meet for once the real voice of Santa Claus who has taken a wrong itinerary and who found himself knocking at the door of Marc Wood's tent in the middle of Antarctica. What a surprise ! For both of them...
Marc Wood has a funny way to talk about the Christmas feast and to present the real Santa Claus who as passiing by in the neighbourhood and who is by chance knocking at the door of his tent.
Otherwise, he is continuing his pace of about 15 nautical miles a day - for about an 8 hours on skis. That speed keeps him happy and relax. He has no major problems with his body neither with his equipment. According to his estimations, he should arrive at the SP within 15 or 17 days.
- 27 December - Day 37 / Latitude: -86.7863 Longitude: -81.7278 / Temperature: -18°C / Windspeed: 4 mph
- 26 December - Day 36 / Latitude: -86.5353 Longitude: -81.6756 / Temperature: -16°C / Windspeed: 4 mph
- 25 December - Day 35 / Latitude: -86.2671 Longitude: -81.6227 / Temperature: -15°C / Windspeed: 0 mph
- 24 December - Day 34 / Latitude: -86.0006 Longitude: -81.5888 / Temperature: -15°C / Windspeed: 4 mph
- 23 December - Day 33 / Latitude: -85.7398 Longitude: -81.4571 / Temperature: -15°C / Windspeed: 1 mph
- 22 December - Day 32 / Latitude: -85.4895 Longitude: -81.2192 / Temperature: -08°C / Windspeed: 0 mph
- 21 December - Day 31 / Latitude: -85.2376 Longitude: -80.929 / Temperature: -15°C / Windspeed: 20 mph