Höbenreich Christoph (Austria)
Since 1993, Austrian Christoph Höbenreich is involved in polar adventure and guiding. In 2005, he has led the famous expedition "Payer Weyprecht Memorial Expedition" to Franz Josef Land.
Christoph Höbenreich is a passionate "polarnik" from Austria. With qualifications as a professional UIAGM mountain- and skiguide (http://www.ivbv.info/en) and an endorsement as IPGA polar guide (www.polarguides.org). He is also a geographer holding a doctoral PhD-degree, specializing in polar expeditions. He works for the government of the Tyrol for mountain- and skisports-affairs.
When he is not climbing high moutains of the earth (Cho Oyu, Muztag Ata, Alpamayo, Demawend, Ararat, Ruwenzori, Kilimanjaro, Citlaltepetl, Popocatepetl, Elbrus, Huascaran, Mt.Kenya, Montblanc etc.), he can be found roaming the far ends of the earth.
Christoph managed to organize and lead several polar expeditions and work with several outstanding polar projects:
- 1993-1994 : Fieldguide for the Austrian Broadcasting Company (ORF) expeditions "Universum Arctic Northeast" on Franz Josef Land including polar winter.
- 1997 : Expeditionleader 1. Austrian ski last degree expedition to the North Pole
- 2000 : Expeditionleader 1. Austrian expedition to Vinson Massif
- 2001-2003 : Vinson base camp manager and senior mountainguide on behalf of Adventure Network International (five climbs to summit of Vinson)
- 2003 : Expeditionleader 1. Austrian "Trans-Greenland" crossing with skis and dogsleds
- 2005 : Expeditionleader of the unique "Payer Weyprecht Memorial Expedition" to Franz Josef Land (http://www.franzjosefland.com/)
- 2006 : Lecturer on icebreaker Kapitan Dranitsyn to Franz Josef Land on behalf of Poseidon Arctic Voyages
- 2008 : Expeditionleader ski last degree North Pole on behalf of Vicaar (Victor Bojarski)
- 2009 : Initiator and leader of the 1st Austrian Queen Maud Land Expedition in Antarctica.
- 2010 : Leader of the Oceanwide Expeditions crossing of South Georgia in the footsteps of Ernest Shackleton
- 2011 : Lead mountain guide on a multi-sportive basecamp-journey aboard MV Plancius to the Antarctic Peninsula
- 2013 : (January) Expeditionleader „Austrian-German South Pole Last-Degree Skiexpedition“ / (April) Sail & Ski Exploration in Westgreenland / (November) Expedition leader "Expedition leader "International Antarctic Ski- & Film expedition Queen Maud Land"
In 2007, he published the opulent coffeetable-book "Expedition Franz Josef Land".