Strandberg Mikael (Sweden)
He started his career as a traveler 28 years ago. He is currently working as a motivational speaker, photographer, writer, tourist guide, blogger and producer of documentaries.
Documentaries in English: (Subtitled)
- Patagonia – 3,000 kilometres by horse (1997)
- The Maasai – 1,000 kilometres by foot (2001)
- -58 degrees – exploring Siberia on skies and canoe (2006)
- Expedition Yemen 52 degrees in the shade (2013)
- 1986-1987 Bicycle from Chile to Alaska passing through The Darien Gap.
- 1989-1992 Bicycle from Norway to South Africa passing through the Sahara Desert.
- 1994 –1996 Bicycle from New Zealand to Cairo traversing Asia.
- 1997- 1998 Patagonia by horse through Chile and Argentina.
- 2000 A walk through Maasailand in Eastern Africa, Kenya and Tanzania, exploring the Maasai people.
- 2004 Exploring the Kolyma River in North-Eastern Siberia together with Johan Ivarsson.
- 2011 Expedition Yemen By Camel Traveled from Zabid to Sanaa just to show the world that Yemen is something totally different to what global media says.
- 2012 Expedition Yemen By Camel; Crossing The Sands of Al Mahra together with Tanya Holm.
- 2013 Expedition Frozen Frontier: Travelling through Siberia with reindeer and sleds.
- 2014 Expedition England With A Pram (Stroller) together with Georgia Villalobos and Mikael´s daughter Sardana from Moss Side, Manchester to Buckingham Palace, London.
- Explorers Club in London awarded Mikael The Determination in the Face of Adversity Medal 2005.
- The Travellers Club of Sweden awarded Mikael the Silver Medal in 2006.
- Travellers Club in Finland awarded Mikael the Mannerheim Medal 2006.
Mikael has been featured in these books in English:
- Faces Of Exploration. The book features 50 of the most important and famous explorers today, like for example Sir Edmund Hillary, Jane Goddall, Reinhart Messner, Borge Ousland, Wade Davies, George Schaller and many more.
- The Modern Explorers. 39 of the finest living explorers of today.
- Adventurous Dreams, Adventurous Lives. 120 outstanding individuals, representing a Who’s Who of international exploration, relating those indelible moments in their youth when the dreams that launched their remarkable lives were born.
- They Lived To Tell the Tale – True Stories of Modern Adventure from the Legendary Explorers Club. Mikael features the Siberian journey.